All abstracts must be submitted by Midnight EDT October 15, 2012.
All submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed and notifications to presenters are expected on or near January 14, 2013. Time and space considerations as well as program need will influence acceptance decisions.
Presenters may submit one of the following abstract types:
· Breakout Session (75 minutes): One hour and fifteen minutes in length; these sessions are traditional conference breakout sessions that may focus on research, strategy, and knowledge building to enhance the performance of members of the intended audience. Audience of 30–60 participants.
· Skill-Building Session (150 minutes): Two and one half hours in length; these are interactive and hands-on sessions that will enhance and improve the skills, competencies, and overall performance of members of the intended audience. Audience of up to 40 participants.
Presenter’s abstracts should be designed for at least one of the following audiences:
- School-based programs
- Community-based programs
- Clinic-based programs
- Direct staff/facilitators
- Program directors/managers
- PREIS grantees
- Tier 1 grantees
- Tier 2 grantees
- CDC grantees
- Intermediate staff member (less than 5 years experience)
- Advanced staff member (5 or more years of experience)
Please note that when abstracts of similar or complementary content are accepted, they may be combined and lead presenters of each accepted abstract may be put on a panel:
- When two presenters are put on a 75-minute workshop panel, each panel presenter will be allotted 30 minutes to present and the remaining 15 minutes will be dedicated to discussion.
- When three presenters are put on a 75-minute workshop panel, each panel presenter will be allotted 20 minutes to present and the remaining 15 minutes will be dedicated to discussion.
The following criteria will be considered when evaluating abstracts:
Evidence of significant implications for the field of adolescent health and teen pregnancy prevention, including practice, policy, evaluation, or administration